Hello! Here’s this month’s selection of What Ifs to stimulate your writing brain. Let’s see what can you do with these! Some are deliberately vague or ambiguous so you can interpret them in different ways.
There’s one for each day of the month. If you need more, please take a look at our book The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. there was no oil on Earth?
2. there were no precious metals on Earth?
3. there were no precious gems on Earth?
4. all humans were deaf?
5. you were sued for more money than you were worth?
6. someone carried out a threat they had made against you?
7. you were bullet-proof?
8. you could stop bullets from being fired?
9. you were seconds away from launching your new book on TV/radio when the government sent a message to say they were banning it?
10. they had the wrong man (or woman)?
11. you didn’t know it worked like that?
12. you were regarded as a medical oddity?
13. people thought you were weird?
14. you shunned all medicines and pills?
15. you thought you were ready, but you weren’t?
16. you were prepared for anything … except that?
17. the one person you thought you could trust let you down?
18. it ended in a fist fight?
19. someone died at your workplace today?
20. you had to deliver a baby?
21. you had to perform surgery?
22. you failed to notice the hidden camera?
23. you made a list of impossible things and set about doing them?
24. you were a doctor to the dead?
25. the hospital called to say there had been a terrible mistake?
26. the police groaned whenever your name was mentioned?
27. your company was forced to recall a product you had produced?
28. your new product/invention saved people millions, but put an entire industry out of work?
29. they couldn’t wait to see what you had in store?
30. you were embarrassed at the way you used to be?
31. you were embarrassed at what you had become?
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers
and get all 40+ of our ebooks for just £49.95
(Other currencies also accepted)
Price if purchased individually: £214.56
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002