Here’s this month’s selection of What Ifs to stimulate your brain – what can you do with these? Some of them are deliberately vague or ambiguous so you can interpret them in different ways!
There’s one for each day of the month. If you need more please take a look at our book The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. you were a meal and it was lunchtime?
2. you could only remember one of each thing?
3. Earth’s highest mountains were actually molehills?
4. you could never go back?
5. something we currently consider a waste product turned out to be the most valuable substance on the planet?
6. madness took its toll?
7. the most amazing thing happened?
8. there was no room?
9. someone forgot to wind it up?
10. you couldn’t hear yourself think?
11. the shop was only open for 1 hour a day?
12. you weren’t allowed to do your bit?
13. space was not the final frontier?
14. the simplest solution turned out to be the most complicated?
15. a routine DNA test found that all/part of you was not human?
16. someone altered the President’s DNA by spraying something in his face?
17. you didn’t want any part of it?
18. your professional pride drove you to try harder?
19. the roads were gridlocked and not even emergency vehicles could get through?
20. the headline was totally misleading?
21. your spirit was crushed?
22. you were driven from your one true love?
23. you decided to abuse your power for the greater good?
24. you suddenly realised what they meant?
25. your talent was being wasted?
26. the supposed perks of working there didn’t actually exist?
27. the place intimidated you?
28. the customer was right after all?
29. you earned your danger money?
30. you had to be nice to someone who disgusted you?
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers
and get ALL our ebooks for just £49.95
Price if purchased individually: £214.56
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002