Here’s this month’s selection of What Ifs to stimulate your brain – what can you do with these? Some of them are deliberately vague or ambiguous so you can interpret them in different ways.
There’s one for each day of the month. If you need more please take a look at our book The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. music was the cure?
2. there was a reunion TV show for the bereaved, co-hosted by a ghost?
3. the Amish became the biggest force in US politics and reversed 200 years of technological progress?
4. you had an urge to show your superiority?
5. one person spoiled everything, but it was the last person you suspected?
6. it was over before it even started?
7. everything was too perfect?
8. someone started charging for something that ought to be free?
9. it was a case of “one in, one out”?
10. you broke the chain?
11. the end result bore no relation to your original plan?
12. the weather was too good?
13. you thought you’d never reach the end?
14. the Luddites became the biggest force in British politics and reversed 200 years of technological progress?
15. food would never taste the same again?
16. technology didn’t work for you?
17. thanks to your incredible skill at speed-reading you had read “everything”?
18. you were the only one who voted against it?
19. you were having none of it?
20. you spotted a serious mistake but it was too late to correct it?
21. you couldn’t justify the cost?
22. you were known as a bit of a moaner?
23. you wanted out?
24. Mondays (or another day) would never be the same again?
25. you wrote a story in which the first letter of each word was in alphabetical order – when you got to Z you looped back to A again?
26. it was a last-minute affair?
27. you had to decide whether to go with your heart or your head?
28. you were surprised to learn it came in different varieties?
29. you decided to reject the plan?
30. the rules were enforced more strictly than you had anticipated?
31. it was a case of all or nothing?
– – – – – – –
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers
and get ALL our ebooks for just £49.95
Price if purchased individually: £214.56
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002