Here’s this month’s selection of What Ifs to stimulate your brain – what can you do with these? Some of them are deliberately vague or ambiguous so you can interpret them in different ways.
There’s one for each day of the month. If you need more please take a look at our book The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. you were caught up in a bank robbery?
2. there was a troll under every bridge ?
3. you were willing to go to any lengths?
4. you went a step too far?
5. trees were impossible to climb?
6. there was no way of analysing what had happened?
7. the view outside your window kept changing?
8. you were hung out to dry?
9. gravity was much stronger?
10. the only breathable air was 6 inches from the ground?
11. the shapes of the constellations in the night sky were clearly not a natural phenomenon?
12. every constellation in the night sky looked identical to all the others?
13. there was only one original planet – the others were all identical clones, of varying dimensions. (Is Earth the original or one of the clones?)?
14. radio communication didn’t work because there was too much interference from solar and cosmic radiation?
15. the world had been made for you?
16. all buildings were caves hand-carved into rock?
17. something that could never become contaminated became contaminated?
18. you thought the unthinkable?
19. husbands and wives were legal tender?
20. you kept applying for the same job over and over again?
21. you were unable to recognise doors?
22. humans had a larval phase and then metamorphosed into something else?
23. you were always 1 hour late?
24. someone reviewed someone else’s book or product but accidentally posted it on your book’s page on Amazon – and it changed your life?
25. your best friend turned out to be an undercover police officer and arrested you?
26. you were an undercover police officer – but you had no idea you were?
27. your favourite teacher at school turned out to be a child molester?
28. a character you created became an international figure of hatred?
29. you did something exceptional in memory of someone you cared about?
30. you revived a long-dead tradition?
31. you saw your own obituary?
– – – – – – –
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers
and get ALL our ebooks for just £49.95
Price if purchased individually: £214.56
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002