Here’s this month’s selection of “What If…?” creative writing prompts to inspire you – let’s see what you can do with these!
This selection forms part of what will eventually become Volume 2 of The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. you soaked your short story in water and it expanded into a full length novel?
2. you received a ransom note saying your child had been kidnapped?
3. your story became an official cure for constipation because it literally scared the **** out of people?
4. America did not speak the same language as the UK?
5. betting was only allowed on amateur sporting events?
6. weather forecasting was impossible?
7. banks, and all the functions they carry out, were illegal?
8. humans were way down the food chain?
9. all creatures on earth shared the same tissue types and there was only one blood type, so transplanting organs from one type of creature to another (including humans) was a simple process?
10. a radical government ruled that any building over 100 years old was outdated, had no place in the modern world, and should be demolished – with no exceptions?
– – – – – – –
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers for just £49.95 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and you’ll receive:
Our complete collection of 5,000+ writing ideas
The Fastest Way to Get Ideas (4,400 what ifs)
The Date-A-Base Book 2015 and 2016 (plus our 2017 preview and all future editions!)
The Fastest Way to Write Your Book
How to Win Short Story Competitions
Unlimited use of our exclusive online writing software
Full access to our members-only forums
Free use of our writing/computing advice line
And more… (total value: over £150 and growing)
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002