Here’s this month’s selection of “What If…?” creative writing prompts to inspire you – let’s see what you can do with these!
This selection forms part of what will eventually become Volume 2 of The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. the more you smiled the more you got paid?
2. every company wanted to employ you?
3. your metabolism went nuts and you had to eat more and more each day to prevent yourself from wasting away?
4. a burst of solar energy opened all the electronic locks in prisons?
5. they found the cure one day too late?
6. the seasons started 2 days earlier each year?
7. you could fix all the things you hated about the world – or your own life?
8. there were more people engaged in illegal activities than legal ones?
9. you were Satan (you might or might not have realised this)?
10. every organ in your body had its own blood-pumping system, so you had a heart beat, brain beat, liver beat, kidney beat, etc, all of which worked independently?
– – – – – – –
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers for just £49.95 (or the equivalent in your local currency) and you’ll receive:
Our complete collection of 5,000+ writing ideas
The Fastest Way to Get Ideas (4,400 what ifs)
The Date-A-Base Book 2015 and 2016 (plus 2017 preview and all future editions!)
The Fastest Way to Write Your Book
How to Win Short Story Competitions
Unlimited use of our exclusive online writing software
Full access to our members-only forums
Free use of our writing/computing advice line
And more… (total value: over £150 and growing)
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002