Here’s this month’s selection of “What If…?” creative writing prompts to inspire you – let’s see what you can do with these!
This selection forms part of what will eventually become Volume 2 of The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. cars ran on seawater?
2. cars ran on blood?
3. it was impossible to be obese – if you became too large you split into two people?
4. modern barbers still carried out surgical operations?
5. the police (or some other security/intelligence agency) were watching your every move – either with or without good reason?
6. you decided to become someone else?
7. you witnessed something you weren’t supposed to see?
8. it was impossible to distinguish your counterfeits from the real thing?
9. you were God (you might or might not have realised this)?
10. there were no more ideas?
– – – – – – –
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers for just £49.95 (or the equivalent in your currency) and you’ll receive:
Our complete collection of 5,000+ writing ideas
The Fastest Way to Get Ideas (4,400 what ifs)
The Date-A-Base Book 2015 and 2016 (plus all future editions!)
The Fastest Way to Write Your Book
How to Win Short Story Competitions
Unlimited use of our exclusive online writing software
Full access to our members-only forums
Free use of our writing/computing advice line
And more… (total value: over £150 and growing)
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002