Here’s this month’s selection of “What If…?” creative writing prompts to inspire you – let’s see what you can do with these!
This selection forms part of what will eventually become Volume 2 of
The Fastest Way to Get Ideas – 4,400 Essential What Ifs for Writers.
1. nothing really mattered?
2. all ink became invisible after 12 months (or a period of your choice)?
3. an enemy could prevent one of your limbs or organs from functioning properly?
4. no human had ever seen the stars or planets or anything else outside the earth’s atmosphere?
5. people had babies by carving them from rocks or wood and leaving them on mountain tops during storms to have life infused into them?
6. no decision could be made without consulting a horoscope?
7. you were the most notorious person in your town/city?
8. elephants were used as computer components because of their famous memory powers?
9. you could transfer part of your lifespan to another person?
10. everything was adequately funded?
– – – – – – –
Become a lifetime member of ideas4writers for just £49.95 (or the equivalent in your currency) and you’ll receive:
Our complete collection of 5,000+ writing ideas
The Fastest Way to Get Ideas (4,400 what ifs)
The Date-A-Base Book 2014 and 2015 (plus 2016 preview and all future editions – free!)
The Fastest Way to Write Your Book
How to Win Short Story Competitions
Unlimited use of our exclusive online writing software
Full access to our members-only forums
Free use of our writing/computing advice line
And more… (total value: over £150 and growing)
ideas4writers: inspiring you since 2002