Here’s this month’s selection of “What If . . . ?” creative writing prompts to inspire you – let’s see what you can do with these!
What if . . .
1. you decided to fake it?
2. someone was determined to find out your email address but you didn’t want him (or her) to have it?
3. you recommended a friend but lived to regret it?
4. Shakespeare had been an artist?
5. you meant to change the name of one of the characters before your book was published, but you forgot?
6. one of your senses started working in a different way?
7. you switched off the wrong thing?
8. too many people turned up?
9. you took part in a drinking competition?
10. you were banned from appearing in public?
How to Win Short Story Competitions (co-written with award-winning writer and competition judge Geoff Nelder). Available on Kindle from Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk or as a downloadable PDF from ideas4writers.
Here’s a review (5 stars!) from D. Wilkinson:
“Plenty of great advice that will benefit any writer of fiction, including useful links to current competitions and writing groups. The marking scheme for short story competitions opened my eyes and it will definitely change my approach when I plan a story in the future. Lots of fantastic information packed into a quick and easy read. Highly recommended.”