Dave Haslett from ideas4writers will be running a short story writing workshop in Exeter, Devon on Saturday 8th March 2008 as part of the World Book Day celebrations. You are very welcome to attend but places are limited so you’ll need to book early.
This workshop covers:
- Obstacles and hazards
- Beginnings, middles & ends
- How to grab a reader’s attention from the very start
- Editing and polishing
- Writer’s block – and how to avoid it
- What magazine editors are looking for
- Choosing the right market for your work
- Making sure your work fits the market
- How to submit your work for publication
- How to win writing competitions – secrets of the judging process revealed!
Fast-paced and tons of fun, you’ll leave the workshop buzzing with ideas, eager to get to work, and fully-loaded with all the essential knowledge you need to be a successful short story writer!
Venue: Farringdon Village Hall, near Exeter, Devon
Date: Saturday 8th March 2008, 2.00 – 5.00 pm
Cost: £12.50 (including refreshments)
To book your place or for more information please call 01884-839577 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Dave Haslett, ideas4writers, www.ideas4writers.co.uk